Saturday, July 26, 2008

Ice-cream Experience for MLEA

[Post-dated]

Class 1-1 and some other classes had their ice-cream party during English periods. This was done prior to their MLEA writing and this approach is based on STELLAR where pupils must have personal experience on the activity before writing the topic.

Many parents of 1-1 were very generous in contributing toppings for the ice cream. Thank you parents!!!
Not forgetting our dear Parents Volunteers who helped out during the party!


(above) Mrs Ang briefing the pupils and introducing the various toppings before the party.


(above) Teachers were busy helping pupils pouring syrup onto their ice cream.


(above) Would you like to have the same toppings as me?


(above) Irfan, Gladys and Chu Xin busy adding toppings onto their ice cream.


(above) The girls were ready to smile into the camera whereas Irfan was still counting the jelly beans on his ice cream!


(above) We were the winners of the white car (in background) for eating the most ice-cream!


(above) Another round of asking for syrup like strawberry, chocolate and whipped cream!

(above) Gabriena and Pei Shan scooping their preferred toppings.


(above) Hey, want to join us?


(above) Hmmm...my ice cream is melting fast, thought Chun Lin.
(above) Wee Khong: I got the syrup after waiting for it for a long time!

(above) Wee Khong: Now I can finally sit down to enjoy my ice cream.


(above) Justin (right): Please don't take so much chocolate chips...leave some for me.


(above) Justin: Will Cheong Wei give me his ice cream if he can't finish it?
(above) Justin: Yummy!
(above) Justin full of joy and thrill as he held his ice cream full of toppings!


(above) Pei Shan: I must be careful not to spill any rainbow sprinkles on the table.


(above) Heng Wee: Open my mouth wide to eat my ice cream!


(above) Samuel (right): I want Heng Wee's share too...his ice cream looks so delicious.


(above) Samuel: This cup of ice cream in front of me should be mine... ... :~)


(above) Charlton (right): Do I look cute when I eat my ice cream?
Adeline (left): You sure do Charlton but now I am too busy answering you.


(above) Gabriena and Danish full of concentration while making their ice cream a delicious one.


(above) I am so proud of my multi-toppings ice cream.


(above) Rachel: Oh mine, I am going to have a toothache soon!
David: I want more peanut for my ice cream.

Words to Learn:
1. toppings
2. ice cream
3. party
4. strawberry
5. chocolate
6. vanilla
7. rainbow sprinkles
8. M&M
9. chocolate chips
10. marshmallows
11. syrup
12. raisins
13. oreo biscuits
14. crushed peanuts
15. flavour

No comments: